Friday, August 8, 2014

August 7th

First of all- Happy 21st Wedding Anniversary to the love of my life. I hope we will get to share many more adventures like this one. You make me a better person.


We drove 2 hours to get to Grace Garden yesterday in the back of the truck, in the rain, with a whole bunch of produce to make meals for the next few days for us and the students. Our luggage road inside the truck so all our clothes would stay dry. We were all completely soaked by the time we got here. It was so much fun! 



Once we unloaded we found our room in the staff house and began claiming our spots on the floor. Then we began to hang mosquito netting.  I slept with Zenna and Caiden last night on a couple mattresses pushed together. Mark had his own mattress and Syler borrowed Kara's hammock and strung it on the porch and we hung netting over that.  For as much as we've heard about how horrible the Mosquitos are here, their numbers are pitiful compared to the many we have back home. 

For dinner went to Stuart and Trish's home in the village.  They are teachers from Australia who are helping out here.  It was so nice to meet them and hear their snake stories.  

Nope I'm not scared at all.  I'm sure my fancy mosquito netting will protect me.  Or not! :/








No comments:

Post a Comment